Stumbled upon and found this pretty inspiring.
"The bizarre crime echoes the French film 'Amelie' starring Audrey Tatou in which a gnome belonging to her father is taken around the world and photographed to show him how much he is missing out on in life."
Gnome at last: Stolen garden elf is returned after a 7-month adventure around the world
It's been a bizarre week.
In a nutshell:
1) While researching for a cell group presentation, I went down the wrong path and ended up emailing my shepherd a video link saying that the bible is bullshit.
2) she obviously wasn't too pleased. on hindsight, i think i may have annoyed God too. Anyway, managed to dig out gd stuff after all that dirt and all's well that ends well.
"Trusting God and trusting the Bible is a cycle. There's no real entry point. The more you trust God, the more you trust the Bible and the more you trust the Bible, the more you trust God. When you trust a friend, you recognise the jokes as jokes, the metaphors as matephors and the stories as stories. And you know that on the things that truly matters, it will not lead you astray."
-paraphrased from http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=5
3) My tech with his explosive temper exploded again and he stormed to the manager saying i gave him too much stress. That's not gd at all cos i was his direct boss and he basically bypassed me to my boss' boss.
4) I took it amazingly well, surprising even myself. Wasn't upset at all, and found it somewhat amusing. I am one of the most accomodating pple in the office, even the manager commented he knew it was not my style to stress others.
We are polar opposites. I am so mild to the point that it is no longer a strength but a weakness, and he is a brash and fiery expressive person. not a gd leader-subordinate combination i guess.
5) Kind of resolved this "hottest water cooler topic of the day". We're still trying to communicate better. He told me to give him time, I advised him that his temper is his biggest obstacle to greater progress.
He told me he felt like a bee. After the bee stings, the bee dies.
I assured him it was fine. I understand he just tilted over the edge that day.
6) It's still quite awkward. But i'm learning. many many things to learn outside my comfort zone.
7) Got so overstretched by work i got pushed over the edge. Again. Dealt with it my own way.
8) On hindsight, now that it's over, it was/still is painful, but I have grown and am still growing, my relationship with God grew (and is still growing), and my relationship with colleagues grew too.
9) so interesting.
10) i messed up the toastmasters speech. Didn't nail it at all. crafted it too last minute and had to deliver it even though it didn't feel right. I'm getting tired of inspirational speeches. I think i will do one on engineering ethics. Just saw 2 documentaries over the last 2 weeks on how management decisions overruling engineering advice caused disasters. One resulted in a space shuttle explosion, killing 7 of the smartest pple on earth. One resulted in a shopping centre collapse, killing thousands.
You may think engineering is boring, but it is impt.
11) i impulsively entered the humorous speech contest and an impromtu evaluation contest. i am so screwed.
12) now i have to prepare for tmrw's charity gig. i don't have a gd feeling for that too. oh dear.
Itchy backside. itchy. itchy.
"The bizarre crime echoes the French film 'Amelie' starring Audrey Tatou in which a gnome belonging to her father is taken around the world and photographed to show him how much he is missing out on in life."
Gnome at last: Stolen garden elf is returned after a 7-month adventure around the world
It's been a bizarre week.
In a nutshell:
1) While researching for a cell group presentation, I went down the wrong path and ended up emailing my shepherd a video link saying that the bible is bullshit.
2) she obviously wasn't too pleased. on hindsight, i think i may have annoyed God too. Anyway, managed to dig out gd stuff after all that dirt and all's well that ends well.
"Trusting God and trusting the Bible is a cycle. There's no real entry point. The more you trust God, the more you trust the Bible and the more you trust the Bible, the more you trust God. When you trust a friend, you recognise the jokes as jokes, the metaphors as matephors and the stories as stories. And you know that on the things that truly matters, it will not lead you astray."
-paraphrased from http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=5
3) My tech with his explosive temper exploded again and he stormed to the manager saying i gave him too much stress. That's not gd at all cos i was his direct boss and he basically bypassed me to my boss' boss.
4) I took it amazingly well, surprising even myself. Wasn't upset at all, and found it somewhat amusing. I am one of the most accomodating pple in the office, even the manager commented he knew it was not my style to stress others.
We are polar opposites. I am so mild to the point that it is no longer a strength but a weakness, and he is a brash and fiery expressive person. not a gd leader-subordinate combination i guess.
5) Kind of resolved this "hottest water cooler topic of the day". We're still trying to communicate better. He told me to give him time, I advised him that his temper is his biggest obstacle to greater progress.
He told me he felt like a bee. After the bee stings, the bee dies.
I assured him it was fine. I understand he just tilted over the edge that day.
6) It's still quite awkward. But i'm learning. many many things to learn outside my comfort zone.
7) Got so overstretched by work i got pushed over the edge. Again. Dealt with it my own way.
8) On hindsight, now that it's over, it was/still is painful, but I have grown and am still growing, my relationship with God grew (and is still growing), and my relationship with colleagues grew too.
9) so interesting.
10) i messed up the toastmasters speech. Didn't nail it at all. crafted it too last minute and had to deliver it even though it didn't feel right. I'm getting tired of inspirational speeches. I think i will do one on engineering ethics. Just saw 2 documentaries over the last 2 weeks on how management decisions overruling engineering advice caused disasters. One resulted in a space shuttle explosion, killing 7 of the smartest pple on earth. One resulted in a shopping centre collapse, killing thousands.
You may think engineering is boring, but it is impt.
11) i impulsively entered the humorous speech contest and an impromtu evaluation contest. i am so screwed.
12) now i have to prepare for tmrw's charity gig. i don't have a gd feeling for that too. oh dear.
Itchy backside. itchy. itchy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home