Ewong De Gu Shi

The trials and turbu...tribu..t..happenings of Yvonne. the ups the downs the left right centers

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Things to Waste Time On
30 more balls to go!
Only stopped because i ran out of sand.
i've tripled the capacity of my production line, Mom says i look like a professor doing experiments.

i'm looking for names and slogans for the balls and for myself, this is what i have so far. i welcome any suggestions.
All slogans courtesy of http://cooltext.com/.

Don't you just love those little d*ck like things. i meant to say ducks. i think they are meant to be ducks. for real.

Hey guys, if it ain't fun, it ain't worth it.

Still waiting for someone to order 40 A cup Bloody mary Red.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Make more neat text @
    http://www.Text2Logo.com

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger metwin1 said…

    Hello, we've never met. I, too, was from RGS. Class of 1999. I recognised all the teachers you named, (btw, as far as I am aware, Tan Poh Poh married in late 1997 and is now Teo Poh Poh, not Po Poh Poh) so chances are pretty good we were school mates. That said, I think you were a senior and I, a junior. The Raffles Tree was already at the foyer when I entered RGS in 1996. :P

    I was googling "Carmee Lim speech" and I found the blog entry you wrote about RGS back in 2005. I loved your entry; it brought back some very good memories of RGS. These years had not been smooth-sailing, and I had forgotten all that was good about RGS; only the bad. RGS was all that you said, RGS Nite, Arts Fest, all the learning opportunities we had and Carmee Lim's passion for everything (she really walked the talk, didn't she?) All these, I had forgotten. So thank you very much for reminding me again, albeit unintentionally. :P

    It seems like you juggle and are active in the local juggling scene (so to speak)? I picked up the basic 3 ball cascade and got quite interested in toss juggling, to the point I picked up a number of juggling books. But I haven't practised. :P I was hoping to find a local juggling club or something, can you give me a couple of suggestions? My email is metwin1 at lycos.com

    Regards,
    metwin1

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Metwin1!

    Thanks for posting the comment on my blog! it sounds like i was in sec 3 when you were in sec 1. If memory serves me right, you had a yellow name tag. :)

    I'm glad you had a good time at RGS too. It was the best schooling years of my life and i still keep in close contact with many good friends there. People always talk of the academic pressures of studying in top schools but there were all the other things too that made it so memorable. Sometimes we still head back just to sit at the big amphitheatre and talk about old times while as usual the band pple (they don't ever stop practising do they) play in the background.

    There was a documentary on channel 5 i think that featured Carmee Lim some months back and bless her she is still going strong in her grand old age pursuing her passions. She started a pre-school using gymnastics as a learning tool because she couldn't find any pre-school that did that.

    i've always maintained that RGS was the place that instilled in me the empowering sense of "i can do anything i want to be" and about "finding your passion". it hasn't been easy believing in that after I started working but it has been cemented in my developing years and i don't believe it can ever go away.

    yes there is a juggling group in singapore that practices regularly. You can sign up to our yahoogroups mailing list here: http://www.juggling.org/~singapore/

    Guess what? RGS was the place i first learnt how to juggle. :) (there was a "Train your Brain" workshop they made us all attend for 3 full days in the hall)

    Rgds,
    Juggleress

     

Post a Comment

<< Home