Ewong De Gu Shi

The trials and turbu...tribu..t..happenings of Yvonne. the ups the downs the left right centers

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Who Says You Can't Go Home

This was one of the songs i was hooked on in Alabama.
bon Jovi became a country band!
the lady singer they collaborated with is from Sugarland, another of my favourite country band.

Country songs can be very catchy, simple and sincere.
a pity none of the top country songs get played here except during the Grammy's telecast.

Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXgvV89APRQ



BON JOVI LYRICS
"Who Says You Can't Go Home"

I spent 20 years trying to get out of this place
I was looking for something I couldn't replace
I was running away from the only thing I've ever known

Like a blind dog without a bone
I was a gypsy lost in the twilight zone
I hijacked a rainbow and crashed into a pot of gold

I been there, done that
and I ain't lookin' back on the seeds I've sown,
Saving dimes, spending too much time on the telephone
Who says you can't go home

[Chorus]
Who says you can't go home
There's only one place they call me one of their own
Just a hometown boy, born a rolling stone,
who says you can't go home
Who says you can't go back,
been all around the world and as a matter of fact
There's only one place left I want to go,
who says you can't go home
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright, its alright

I went as far as I could, I tried to find a new face
There isn't one of these lines that I would erase
I lived a million miles of memories on that road

With every step I take I know that I'm not alone
You take the home from the boy, but not the boy from his home
These are my streets, the only life I've ever known,
who says you can't go home

[Chorus]

It doesn't matter where you are,
it doesn't matter where you go
If it's a million miles aways or just a mile up the road
Take it in, take it with you when you go,
who says you can't go home

[Chorus]
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright, its alright
Who says you can't go home [x2]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home