Ewong De Gu Shi

The trials and turbu...tribu..t..happenings of Yvonne. the ups the downs the left right centers

Sunday, September 25, 2005


Sad Post

Angie talking to Waite.

Angie: Waite i can't believe you're laughing because old pple died!
Waite (grinning): their oxygen tanks started exploding. it's just funny.
Angie (exasperated): Go away, i don't want to be friends with you no more. He's laughing because old pple died! you're terrible!

a bus was evacuating 45 elderlys away from Rita.
most of them had oxygen tanks to help them breathe.
the bus had a malfunction and sparks started flying.
the oxygen tanks exploded.
20 pple died.

in normal circumstances, these elderly would probably be evacuated in an ambulance.
but they were in a rush.
----------------------------------------

an official from new orleans broke down during an interview with CNN.
he was angry. very angry.
he described how he saw elderlys trapped in the old folks home.
they couldn't get out. they were immobile.
they survived the wrath of hurricane Katrina.
they waited for help.

on mon the federal said help was coming.
they waited.

on tues, they waited.
the floods were rising. there was no power.

on wed, they waited.
the nights were pitch dark. the only sounds were cries of help.

on thursday, they waited.

on friday,

they drowned.

-------------------------------------------

Listening to Dido always makes me sad.

"Cos' I want, tonight, what I've been waiting for
But I found, tonight, what I'd been warned about

now I've seen, tonight, how I could waste my time
and I'll be on my way, and I won't be back"


~"See You When You're 40" by Dido.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home