Journey in Evaluating
More on the evaluation contest.
these days working is my full time job and church/toastmasters is my night shift job.
My parents are now curious abt why i've been coming home with "cheap-$5-trophies".
After I explained to them what the contest is about and how my next competitor is a senior lawyer, my mom paused and then replied thoughtfully,
"the lawyer so free one ah?"
"Is the law firm closing down?", Dad added helpfully.
--------------------------------------------------
Met up with the international director for Toastmasters today for some contest tips.
He came on account of our club mentor, who is his good friend.
that's what i love abt this club,
it's a great mix.
there're the mentors with the vast network of contacts and experience,
and they're quite serious about competition,
and yet, the atmosphere is casual enough for a hobby club.
So you can come to chill or to compete,
there's something for everyone.
I learnt that my points are all kuching kurup,
at the next level it's a different ball game.
Quite stressful to do things differently from what i've been doing,
but so interesting.
there's so much more to Public speaking than i originally thought.
-----------------------------------------------
Juggling gigs are periodically coming back again.
yay.
I still like to juggle,
just don't have time for it any more.
so many many many things to do.
I just found this and it's super cool:
http://www.lolentertainers.com/site/entertainers/yvonne.html
one day all the dots will connect.
in the meantime,
i'll just jump from dot to dot.
More on the evaluation contest.
these days working is my full time job and church/toastmasters is my night shift job.
My parents are now curious abt why i've been coming home with "cheap-$5-trophies".
After I explained to them what the contest is about and how my next competitor is a senior lawyer, my mom paused and then replied thoughtfully,
"the lawyer so free one ah?"
"Is the law firm closing down?", Dad added helpfully.
--------------------------------------------------
Met up with the international director for Toastmasters today for some contest tips.
He came on account of our club mentor, who is his good friend.
that's what i love abt this club,
it's a great mix.
there're the mentors with the vast network of contacts and experience,
and they're quite serious about competition,
and yet, the atmosphere is casual enough for a hobby club.
So you can come to chill or to compete,
there's something for everyone.
I learnt that my points are all kuching kurup,
at the next level it's a different ball game.
Quite stressful to do things differently from what i've been doing,
but so interesting.
there's so much more to Public speaking than i originally thought.
-----------------------------------------------
Juggling gigs are periodically coming back again.
yay.
I still like to juggle,
just don't have time for it any more.
so many many many things to do.
I just found this and it's super cool:
http://www.lolentertainers.com/site/entertainers/yvonne.html
one day all the dots will connect.
in the meantime,
i'll just jump from dot to dot.

3 Comments:
At 10:48 PM,
Alvin said…
Hi, Yvonne!
Wow! Congratulations for winning in your Area!
I hope you'll bring home a $7 trophy from the Division contest, to show your parents that you're progressing. :)
At 4:31 AM,
Anonymous said…
haha, thanks alvin!
At 5:02 PM,
符婉月 said…
Wow! cool :)
Post a Comment
<< Home