Eat Pray Love
Would you believe, i went to Jurong Library four times over several weeks, to look for a book.
and on the fourth time, realised that all these while i was looking at the wrong shelf?
To think that on all the previous occasions, I thought there was a book hijacker who was hiding the book in some secret hiding place only he could find.
Yesterday, for the fourth time, i saw that the book was available and as usual, i couldn't find it on the shelf. But this time i wasn't leaving until I dug it out. If i had to pump the toilet bowl to flush it out, I would.
Instinctively I went to look for the library staff, something that kept nigging at me for weeks but I'd rather let the book hijacker repent and return the book. But still, strangely, even when I stood a metre away from the library woman packing books on the shelf, I still didn't feel like asking. There's something about finding your own books that captures me. Maybe it's just pride.
"It's the damn library and every book is catalogued and every shelf is numbered and STILL, you can't find it?!"
So I returned to the shelf I've been scrutinizing for weeks,
and went to a trolley parked near it in case by some stroke of luck someone was browsing the book and returned it onto the trolley.
and then i saw it.
Welcome to the Philippines. 910.00 [TRA]
"Oh my holy frigging mother nature of Jurong, there's ANOTHER 910 series shelf?"
I found the shelf at the opposite corner of the library,
and there it was.
Not just one, but two books.
Sitting there for 4 weeks while the seeker was cursing a phantom book hijacker at the other corner of the library.
Eat, Pray, Love. By Elizabeth Gilbert.
One woman's search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia.
--------------------------------------------------
I'm taking a break again.
The fire has burned out all the wood.
Time to grow trees and gather log.
So far i'm loving this period of time passing by oh so slowly.
where there's nothing to do and you just jolly well do what you want.
I can read, I can sleep, I can throw sheep at everyone.
I can even eat pure white lotus mooncakes.
------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Eat Pray Love:
"I bet Gandhi never ate lamb intestines in his life," I said.
"He could have"
"No, he couldn't have, Luca. Gandhi was a vegetarian."
"But vegetarians can eat this," Luca insisted. "Because intestines aren't even meat, Liz. They're just shit."
oh I love this book.
Would you believe, i went to Jurong Library four times over several weeks, to look for a book.
and on the fourth time, realised that all these while i was looking at the wrong shelf?
To think that on all the previous occasions, I thought there was a book hijacker who was hiding the book in some secret hiding place only he could find.
Yesterday, for the fourth time, i saw that the book was available and as usual, i couldn't find it on the shelf. But this time i wasn't leaving until I dug it out. If i had to pump the toilet bowl to flush it out, I would.
Instinctively I went to look for the library staff, something that kept nigging at me for weeks but I'd rather let the book hijacker repent and return the book. But still, strangely, even when I stood a metre away from the library woman packing books on the shelf, I still didn't feel like asking. There's something about finding your own books that captures me. Maybe it's just pride.
"It's the damn library and every book is catalogued and every shelf is numbered and STILL, you can't find it?!"
So I returned to the shelf I've been scrutinizing for weeks,
and went to a trolley parked near it in case by some stroke of luck someone was browsing the book and returned it onto the trolley.
and then i saw it.
Welcome to the Philippines. 910.00 [TRA]
"Oh my holy frigging mother nature of Jurong, there's ANOTHER 910 series shelf?"
I found the shelf at the opposite corner of the library,
and there it was.
Not just one, but two books.
Sitting there for 4 weeks while the seeker was cursing a phantom book hijacker at the other corner of the library.
Eat, Pray, Love. By Elizabeth Gilbert.
One woman's search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia.
--------------------------------------------------
I'm taking a break again.
The fire has burned out all the wood.
Time to grow trees and gather log.
So far i'm loving this period of time passing by oh so slowly.
where there's nothing to do and you just jolly well do what you want.
I can read, I can sleep, I can throw sheep at everyone.
I can even eat pure white lotus mooncakes.
------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Eat Pray Love:
"I bet Gandhi never ate lamb intestines in his life," I said.
"He could have"
"No, he couldn't have, Luca. Gandhi was a vegetarian."
"But vegetarians can eat this," Luca insisted. "Because intestines aren't even meat, Liz. They're just shit."
oh I love this book.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home