Sunday Sunday
we came across a chinese magazine at work the other day,
and found out the chinese name of our product.
translated into dialect,
it became "Fock nao"
my colleague started reading the chinese mag in dialect (as much as she could),
and there were "fock nao"s everywhere.
Fock Nao.
it sounds so much like a bad word.
-----------------------------
it was a very strange sunday.
i went to another church with a friend who needed special prayers in that church.
i've never been to small churches so it was an eye opener.
and today there was a wedding somemore, by an old couple married for 38 years who wanted to renew their vows.
I was afraid i was a gatecrasher to the wedding but it was a very homely informal affair.
and then they did that "bride-throw-flowers-see-who-catch" thing.
and yes,
the bouquet flew straight to me.
i instinctively stretched my leg out to kick it, (what a nice volley it would have been)
but recovered and used my hands to catch instead.
and one of the elderly sisters said to me while laughing,
"God has a purpose for you to be here today!"
she meant it as a joke,
but something abt that line resonated.
-----------------------------------------------
at the end of the sermon there was a prayer session.
and the pastor went "which one of you is Yvonne?"
*raise hand*
"The Lord has asked me to give you a prayer of wisdom and strength"
and then another sister said she has a word of prophecy for me as well,
it came to her the night before.
the first line is "the church is not a social place",
so that's really embarassing cos it's like i machiam go church to play wan.
and the rest is about how God's ways are not my ways, and i should stop doing things my way.
interesting.
it was quite disturbing cos i thought it was referring to the mini M.A.D. journey, that i should stop being kay kiang, then later i thought it meant like there's some impending doom moment coming.
so i asked dear old shepherd,
who was in the middle of a flu viral attack,
and between sniffles,
she said the first thing that came to her mind was that i was skipping church too easily.
that made sense too.
--------------------------------------------
shereen put up 480(???!!) files in the shared folder.
and among the 480(???!!) files, i found this song.
beautiful song.
Corrinne May - 5 loaves and 2 Fishes
A little boy of thirteen
was on his way to school
He heard a crowd of people laughing
and he went to take a look
Thousands were listening
to the stories of one man
He spoke with such wisdom,
even the kids could understand
The hours passed so quickly
the day turned to night
Everyone was hungry
but there was no food in sight
The boy looked in his lunchbox
at the little that he had
He wasn't sure what good it'd do
there were thousands to be fed
But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus
the kindness in His smile
and the boy cried out
with the trust of a child
he said:
"Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
to feed them all"
I often think about that boy
when I'm feeling small
and I worry that the work I do
means nothing at all
But every single tear I cry
is a diamond in His hands
and every door that slams in my face
I will offer up in prayer
So I'll give you every breadth that I have
Oh Lord, you can work miracles
All that you need is my "Amen"
Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
I hope it's not too small
I trust in you
I trust in you
Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
no gift is too small
we came across a chinese magazine at work the other day,
and found out the chinese name of our product.
translated into dialect,
it became "Fock nao"
my colleague started reading the chinese mag in dialect (as much as she could),
and there were "fock nao"s everywhere.
Fock Nao.
it sounds so much like a bad word.
-----------------------------
it was a very strange sunday.
i went to another church with a friend who needed special prayers in that church.
i've never been to small churches so it was an eye opener.
and today there was a wedding somemore, by an old couple married for 38 years who wanted to renew their vows.
I was afraid i was a gatecrasher to the wedding but it was a very homely informal affair.
and then they did that "bride-throw-flowers-see-who-catch" thing.
and yes,
the bouquet flew straight to me.
i instinctively stretched my leg out to kick it, (what a nice volley it would have been)
but recovered and used my hands to catch instead.
and one of the elderly sisters said to me while laughing,
"God has a purpose for you to be here today!"
she meant it as a joke,
but something abt that line resonated.
-----------------------------------------------
at the end of the sermon there was a prayer session.
and the pastor went "which one of you is Yvonne?"
*raise hand*
"The Lord has asked me to give you a prayer of wisdom and strength"
and then another sister said she has a word of prophecy for me as well,
it came to her the night before.
the first line is "the church is not a social place",
so that's really embarassing cos it's like i machiam go church to play wan.
and the rest is about how God's ways are not my ways, and i should stop doing things my way.
interesting.
it was quite disturbing cos i thought it was referring to the mini M.A.D. journey, that i should stop being kay kiang, then later i thought it meant like there's some impending doom moment coming.
so i asked dear old shepherd,
who was in the middle of a flu viral attack,
and between sniffles,
she said the first thing that came to her mind was that i was skipping church too easily.
that made sense too.
--------------------------------------------
shereen put up 480(???!!) files in the shared folder.
and among the 480(???!!) files, i found this song.
beautiful song.
Corrinne May - 5 loaves and 2 Fishes
A little boy of thirteen
was on his way to school
He heard a crowd of people laughing
and he went to take a look
Thousands were listening
to the stories of one man
He spoke with such wisdom,
even the kids could understand
The hours passed so quickly
the day turned to night
Everyone was hungry
but there was no food in sight
The boy looked in his lunchbox
at the little that he had
He wasn't sure what good it'd do
there were thousands to be fed
But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus
the kindness in His smile
and the boy cried out
with the trust of a child
he said:
"Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
to feed them all"
I often think about that boy
when I'm feeling small
and I worry that the work I do
means nothing at all
But every single tear I cry
is a diamond in His hands
and every door that slams in my face
I will offer up in prayer
So I'll give you every breadth that I have
Oh Lord, you can work miracles
All that you need is my "Amen"
Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
I hope it's not too small
I trust in you
I trust in you
Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
no gift is too small

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home